Sunday, March 28, 2010

Calculating your daily water needs


For referral to the previous post, here's a repeat of an earlier blog. Pick an ET rate (as given from your local Coop. Extension), follow the column down to the square footage of your planting area, and you'll be given the amount of water for each day. Click on the image and load into a page where you can enlarge the image. If this is too complicated, just buy my Drip Irrigation book from my website, www.robertkourik.com :)

“BUY FROM THE SOURCE TO HELP KEEP WRITERS WRITING”


Let me know what you think.Visit my web site to learn about my new book on drip irrigation and other gardening books.NOTE: The comments section at the bottom of the post has disappeared. Click on the "___ Comments" button or the title under the "Blog Archives". Thanks, Robert

1 comment:

Paul James said...

Hi Robert, one day I will have enough time to keep my own blog up to date..

Thought you might be interested in the following calculator we are using.

It is a 'backwards' ETo graywater calculator.

Based on the number of people in a house, the ETo value, graywater per person per day; it calulates the optimum irrigation area in sq ft (using graywater dripperline).

http://www.graywatergardening.com/ETo.html